Simple Breakfast Quesadillas


You must be here because you love quesadillas as much as I do! I’m glad you stopped by! These Breakfast Quesadilla’s are what my kids get for breakfast as they are heading out the door on extra busy mornings. I love how quickly I can make them and the boys love how customize-able they are! You are quickly going to fall in love!

My grass is starting to get green, tulips are trying to poke through the ground and my trees are getting ready to bud! That means Easter is right around the corner. I’m guessing we are all getting ready to dye Easter eggs and cook up the perfect ham! If you are like me you will probably make way more ham and eggs than you will need, just to make sure you don’t run out. Aren’t we all afraid of running out of food when we entertain?

I created these Ham and Egg Breakfast Quesadillas which turns out to be a scrumptious way to use of some of that leftover Easter dinner. Quesadillas are one of my favorite things in the world. They are sneaky little places to add veggies and leftovers. You know why it works so well? The whole thing is layered with lots of cheese inside two crispy, buttery tortillas. Pretty much can’t go wrong with that.

If you have ever read my blog before you know I like to prep as many of the next day’s breakfast ingredients the day before. I diced my ham and eggs and grated my cheese before I went to bed. The next morning all I had to do was assemble and brown the quesadillas. (Anybody else feel frantically overwhelmed every morning?)

Since I know what each boys likes, and more importantly…doesn’t like, I customized them to their particular taste. To some I added sauteed mushrooms and onions, to some I added bacon and to some I added extra cheese. To mine I added all of the above!  I served these Ham and Egg Breakfast Quesadilla with Sunshine Smoothies. Amazingly enough I didn’t have a single boy complain about eating this breakfast! Yay for me! Yay for quesadillas!

Breakfast Quesadillas 

A Breakfast Quesadilla is what my kids get for breakfast as they are heading out the door on extra busy mornings. I love how quickly I can make them and the boys love how customizable they are!

Prep time : 5 mins
Cook time : 10 mins
Total time : 15 mins
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: American
Serves: 1-2

Ingredients : 
  •     2 flour tortilla shells
  •     1 T. butter
  •     2 hard boiled eggs, diced
  •     ½ c. ham, diced
  •     ½ c. grated Swiss cheese
  •     ½ c. grated cheddar cheese
  •     OPTIONAL:
  •     mushrooms, sauteed
  •     onions, sauteed
  •     bacon, sauteed


Get more recipe : Breakfast Quesadillas

Post a Comment

0 Comments